Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fond farewells?

My final days in Cambridge are ebbing away - less than 5 to go. Some of you will no doubt be of the opinion that I'm making mountains out of mole hills, what with all the fuss I'm making. I suppose I've never felt so settled before, and never have I worked in the same place or with the same people for so long before. Moving is a big deal. So, I've started to say goodbye to colleagues who may or may not be around over my last few days in Cambridge. I've started to see more of my dear friends T, L and A so that we get the best of each other before I leave on Sunday. I had my final boogie down at Life with some of my other dear friends tonight - a place which holds many memories indeed. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye. I wonder how many of those promises to "keep in touch" will be borne out? Some more than others, I hope. Who knows!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're really going to miss you - it's the end of an era. i too have been here the longest i've been anywhere and it is you guys who've made it feel like home.

*hug

Anonymous said...

Tea, digestives and Gregor's blog - what else is there to brighten a sunny but dull day.
Love to you in Iceland!
J