Monday, July 10, 2006

No more trips to london

Today I took my last trip to London - to visit my sponsors for a project meeting and a farewell lunch. Its the end of yet another era - one which I have enjoyed tremendously. They have been excellent funders, and I shall miss there support and the very personal relationship we have enjoyed over the last 4 years of collaboration.

What I won't miss about my work life in Cambridge is the trips up and down to London on the train in a suit, and stuffy and threatening underground trains. Public transport in the south east is so unpleasant and unnerving! Today I encountered numerous transport police on my short journey between Bank and Kings Cross. Should I feel reassured or scared? "During this time of heightened security..." the repetitive announcement warned - a stark indicator that London lives under the threat of attack. I love London - its a vibrant, exciting and diverse city - definately one of the world's best, but frankly, I'm glad I'm out of it for now.

1 comment:

Þrallur said...

Wellcome to the world of the bloggers. Finally finally.