Saturday, January 06, 2007

Merry Christmas to me...


I have a habit of buying Christmas presents for myself, and they usually involve travel. Christmas treat 2004 was flights to Iceland, which opened a whole new chapter in my life. Christmas 2005 saw the purchase of flights to Sweden, which was my first ever Christmas away from family. This Christmas (2006) I reaped a wad of cash from family, and I'll be using this in the most fabulous ways. Firstly, I'm buying a hydration back pack to encourage me to train for the Landmannalaugar to Þórsmork run (a cross-mountain ultra-marathon of some 55km in Iceland). My second indulgence will take place on Feb 24th when I head down to Newcastle for a day out and to hear the fantastic talent (in every department) that is MIKA! Check this guy out!

No comments: