Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Gripe of the Week: Round Taps!


Ok, as a grumpy old man, I'm going to start reflecting on things that annoy me. I expect I will have a design focus, being as that is what I'm concerned with at the moment.

This week I'm picking on the rounded tap! Britain doesn't really do plumbing fittings very well, in my experience. The Scandi's are great at it, as are the germans and italians, of course - famed for it! But we get it wrong, left right and centre. Not only are round taps quite ugly, but they are also really impractical. Try gripping and turning on a sticky round tap with wet or slippery hands. Nightmare!. Its a bit like round door knobs - I think they are problematic! So, bug thumbs down to the round tap! As an Architect, I won't be specifying them!

No comments: